You can see for yourself just how easy Egg-Box is to use by downloading and running the Egg-Box simulator.
Once you have the simulator up and running on your computer screen, please proceed as follows, to simulate Egg-Box operation:
1. Click on the red button to start recording a sequence.
2. Click on blue button 1 to light up the first light.
3. Repeat for blue buttons 2, 3 and 4.
4. Click on blue buttons 1,2,3 and 4 again, to turn off each light.
5. Click on the red button again to stop recording.
6. Now you can playback your recording as often as you like, by pressing the green button. Playback will continue until you press the green button again, to stop playback.
7. Finally, invent your own recording, by: a) pressing the red button to start recording. b) pressing any of the blue buttons, to turn on and off the lights. c) pressing the red button again to stop recording. d) pressing the green button to playback your recording. e) pressing the green button again, to stop playback.
When using the Egg-Box for real, children can connect devices such as motors to the Egg-Box sockets, as explained in the "Electrical connections" Handy Hint. Playing back any recorded sequence will then cause the attached electrical devices to turn on and off in sequence.